Sunday, September 24, 2017

AVR Weekly News ~ 212th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 211th Edition
  • Monday ~ Review ~ Night Shift Witch by Cate Lawley
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Fool Me Once by Steve Hockensmith, Lisa Falco
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston

Page Forward >>>

  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ Give the Devil His Due by Steve Hockensmith, Lisa Falco
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Cassell's Dictionary of Superstitions by David Pickering
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 213th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Our Nissan Maxima finally passed inspection. Woot! Now we're just waiting for the sticker to come in the mail. That's one less stress to deal with. *whew*

We're supposed to have the grandkiddos today after they go to church. We'll see if that actually comes about. There's not much to report other than that. I'm really enjoying my reading and tv time. I've missed it.

Touching Nature: It's been more Summer-y than Fall-y out there and I'm looking forward to the cooler temps that are tentatively showing up in the extended forecast. Come on, 70s!

Book News: I've been bad. Very bad. Kim, don't look. I now have 7 reviews to write. *waves cup of coffee under the fainted Kim's nose* I told you not to look. On the other hand though, I did draft 25 posts. I have all of my NetGalley November posts ready as well as the rest of 2017's Sunday posts. Nearly every book that I've been reading for the last week or two has been my NetGalley books. I have 9 out of 26 read, but need to write up the reviews for 6 of them. Oh yeah! I need to add The Trouble with Twelfth Grave to that list. I have it scheduled for 10/31, but I still need to read it. There's still plenty of time though.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Hubby and I squeezed in a few NCIS and Trip and I have gotten farther into Season One of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. It's much funnier than I thought it would be and we're thoroughly enjoying it so far.

At the Flicks: Still not yet.

Cyberspace Playground: I deleted one word game off my smartphone because it was pissing me off with it's tiny vocabulary. So, I've mostly been playing Wordscapes with an occasional game of Word Shaker (think Boggle® but not as good) thrown in.

Randomness: I'll admit to laughing at many things in football. Most especially when it's about the Tight End. I'm laughing now just thinking about it.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Do your most hated chores first because then the other chores don't seem so bad.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Bupkis


Purchased Hardcover
I know it doesn't look like it,
but this is actually a graphic novel.


Purchased ebook
Somehow I ended up with $3.00 in ebook credits,
so I decided to take a chance on this one.



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Look twice, click once.





5 comments:

  1. Happy Fall Equinox to you too! I love the fall :) but no falling colorful leaves yet. It's still a little bit like summer, although already cooler :)
    Yay for your car passing inspection!
    Hahaha, I think I have waaaay more than 7 reviews to write :) however, I lately realized that it's mostly the post formatting that kills me, so I've been surreptitiously writing the reviews themselves on my phone, so later on I just have to sit down and format them :) I hope this new way of doing it will make it easier for me.
    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog's theme! Very colorful indeed! I have written my first Sunday post and since I loved your blog, I gave you a little mention :)
    Here is my blog's URL: https://literaryteawither.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fall, it is so pretty here right now. I need to really start writing my reviews right after I get done reading the book, I probably wouldn't be behind and could scheduled way ahead. ;) Enjoy your week coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy it's fall (I wrote that three times and it wasn't working, then I realized the cat was sitting on the mouse) Yay for your car! I do hope you got the grandkids but I think you did because I might have seen a picture :)

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind a bit cooler temps but I don't want winter to show up to early...lol. This weather though is killing my allergies, worst now than during the spring. :( Have a great week!

    Happy reading,
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete